- Online sales at Laura Ashley for the 19 weeks to 12th December are up 47.5 percent from the comparable period of last year. The growth came at the expense of mail order sales, which fell 23.7 percent. Even so, total direct sales climbed 20.8 percent from the previous year. UK retail sales rose 8.8 percent, with like-for-likes up 4.9 percent.
- Here’s one for the fashionistas: Mega-mannequin Agyness Deyn will be featured in the spring La Redoute catalogue, modelling the Paula Ka range, Marie Claire magazine breathlessly
- Twitter and real-time search are among the Telegraph‘s top 10 tech highlights of the year.
- Boden, Toast, and Jack Wills are cited in a Guardian article as exemplars of “Tory chic”.
- Check your attic, tools aficionados: To celebrate its 180th anniversary, tools distributor Buck and Hickman will give £1,000 worth of product to the person who sends in the oldest edition of one of its catalogues.